Bringing It For Belize is a FREE District-wide wellness event taking place the week of October 17-23, 2021. This event focuses on the district’s Wellness pillar – wellness of the members of our district and wellness of the underserved in Belize.
Proceeds will go to the Belize Sports Camp held alongside their VBS program as well as other Belize initiatives. All that’s required is tracking the number of minutes you exercise during that week, no matter what kind of exercise you prefer. You can participate in Bringing It For Belize on your own at home as well as in church and school groups if the COVID-19 protocols at that time allow for gatherings.
How does it work?
- While Bringing It For Belize is a FREE event, participants are encouraged to collect pledges for the minutes they exercise. The money raised will go toward the Belize children’s Sports Camp that is held alongside their Vacation Bible School, as well as other Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod Belize initiatives. Sports Camp needs include things such as soccer balls, basketballs, and shoes for the children.
- We ask that all individual participants register online so we have an accurate number of individual participants.
- It is encouraged that those participating as a group (classroom, Bible Study group, Youth Group, Seniors’ group, etc.) register as a group instead of individually. Individuals in a group who collect pledges must turn in a copy of their pledge form to the group leader. Group leaders must send all pledge forms to the Northern Illinois District along with donations.
- Prior to the event, set your goal for minutes of exercise that you will complete and for which you will collect pledges.
- You, your family, or your group are encouraged to exercise in any way you want for as many minutes as you can during the week of October 17-23. Collect your donations from October 24 through November 7, 2021 and send them to the Northern Illinois District at 2301 S Wolf Road, Hillside IL 60162.
- As an encouragement, all those who register to participate will receive a wristband.
For more information, contact Sue Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-223-3116.
Thank you to these ministry partners for their generosity!
Promoting and encouraging health and vitality in congregations, schools, ministries, professional workers and lay-leaders.